Admit it or not, your feet is the most neglected part of your body. They take us anywhere we want to go. But we often overlook the importance of properly caring for them until we feel foot pain. Read this short post to understand the causes of foot pain and how you can avoid them.
1) Sprains – They usually happen after extreme physical activities which includes walking or running for long hours. You can also have sprain when you twist your foot accidentally. A foot sprain can be minor but can also be quite severe in few cases. A sprain can be reduced by a gentle massage by any oil or by applying anti-pain sprays and covering it with a crepe bandage afterwards.
2) Plantar fasciitis – This problem happens when you end up putting a lot of pressure on your foot. Plantar fasciitis can result in a good amount of pain as well as stiffness. This can be prevented by giving proper rest to the foot and not exerting it too much that it starts giving excruciating pain.
3) Ingrown – Toe nails growing either inside the skin or quite close to it usually cause. This results in redness and often leads to bleeding too. This can be prevented by cutting foot nails timely and not allowing them to grow too much.
4) Pes Planus – This happens when you are having a flat foot and you end up standing for a long time. It causes pain when you do too much of physical activities. Wear flat footwear which doesn’t have heels as it can cause major pain in the long run.
5) Bunions – These are bumps on the big toe. This results from leaning down when you stand instead of remaining straight. It is considered as one abnormality of the foot bones. It can result in a lot of pain. Avoid high-heeled shoes. Wear comfortable shoes with soft and padded soles or taking appropriate pain relievers.