Do you look unhealthy and feel bad about it? Don’t give in to self-pity. Look for things you can do or habits you can observe to look healthier today. Here are six routines you might want to try.
1. Take care of your skin. The skin is the largest body organ that can reveal your overall well-being. It is the first layer of your immune system that shields you from harmful elements in your surroundings. Protect it from daily wear and tear by keeping it clean, moisturized and protected against UV rays. Avoid smoking and other unhealthy habits that can damage your skin as well.
2. Take care of your teeth. Bad breath, gum disease, plaque and tooth decay result from poor dental hygiene. Brush your teeth at least twice daily. Use dental floss and mouthwash to remove food deposits and bad bacteria in your mouth. A complete set of pearly white teeth will make you look healthier and younger. If you’re missing a couple of teeth, consider having dental implants. Read this detailed infographic from Aria Dental to learn more about them.
Click here to watch videos about dental implants and other ways to care for your teeth.
3. Keep yourself hydrated. Water aids the circulation of blood in your body. It also makes all your muscles work properly. Make sure to drink 8 glasses of water daily. This will help you avoid dehydration, dizziness, headaches and body aches while you’re completing all your goals and tasks for the day.
4. Wear clean clothes. Wearing the same clothes for a long time or repeatedly can cause the dirt and germ build-up and unpleasant body odors. Change your clothes as often as you need. Clean and good-smelling clothes will make you look and feel fresh and healthy.
5. Stand and sit tall all the time. Standing and sitting tall both refer to good posture. Good posture affects the performance of your digestive system, heart and lungs. It also affects how you feel and your capability to do physical activities. Practice good posture to avoid misaligned bones and joints, body pains, and fatigue.
6. Make your core and upper body strong. A strong core provides better overall balance and posture. It also provides support to your spine to avoid backaches and a tighter midsection. A strong upper body produces powerful arms and chest which help in the stabilization of your core as well. Exercise regularly to achieve stronger and toned core and upper body.